Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mesa Temple












The Mesa Temple was the 7th temple.  It is completely different from the Snowflake Temple.  Snowflake is very small and almost everything has to run by appointment because it is so tiny.  Mesa however is much larger and more grand.  There are several paintings in the temple that I've never seen before.  The statue in the above picture is from the Visitor's Center.
Around the top of the temple is the story of the area from the early natives to the Mormon Pioneers who settled here and built the temple.  On Friday I walked around the beautiful grounds and went into the Visitor's Center.  The Spanish speaking sisters thought it was so romantic that I baptized Pam.  Since I was thinking about Pam anyway I decided to do sealings.  One of the couples in the group were sealed in that very room where we were doing the work ten years ago.
One the Sealers was Samoan and did a couple of the sealings of children to parents in his native language.  It was nice.  After the sealing session we were able to go into the Celestial Room.
Last night I went back to the Temple.  From the time I moved up until Feb 5 I hadn't gone into a temple, now I have down an endowment session, sealings, and initiatories, all in the same month.
Going to the temple makes me think of Pam, yes I miss her, but being at the temple makes me feel better about it since I know that we will be together forever.
Pam loves cacti and thinks they are fascinating, walking the grounds and finding a garden area with lots of cacti made me want to share this place with her.  The nicest part of where I'm staying, and this makes up for a lot, is that it is so near the Temple of the Lord.
An interesting thing about the Mesa Temple, it was built during the same time period as the first temple in Hawaii, they are so similar in design that it can be difficult to tell them apart in some pictures, especially those taken at night.
The temple has been what has made this trip good.  I love the temple, and I'm looking forward to going there with Pam in just over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment