Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Monday, February 14, 2011

Lake Wheatfield

On Saturday it got up to 50 degrees in Pinon.  As I was blogging I went to the window and felt the warm sun and asked myself why on earth I was inside.  I got dressed for dog walking and took the dogs out.  There is still some ice on the ground that kept taking Angel by surprise, it was pretty funny to watch.
As I walked I decided that I wanted to go on a picnic with Pam.  I ran into her while walking the dogs and suggested it.  I was thinking we would find some spot in Pinon but she had other ideas.  We traveled to the beautiful Apache County, which has nothing to do with the Apache Nation since its right in the middle of Navajo Nation according to the map, but anywho, it was a beautiful frozen lake, and being closer to the mountains it was much colder over there.




Something that amused us a little, especially considering that it was 50 in Pinon and that we are in Arizona and people have a pretty set idea that Arizona is a hot place, was when we saw a man ice fishing.  Ice Fishing in Arizona, it was a fun little sight so we took a picture.  The picture after the ice-fisherman is me standing on the frozen lake.  Pam is realizing more and more that I am a bit of a daredevil.  At Lake Powell a couple of weeks ago she dared me to climb the mountain, so I climbed it; she didn't think that I would actually do it and what made it more fun is she came up too.  She did not however follow me onto the frozen lake.
So I have now climbed around Lake Powell and walked on a frozen lake in Arizona.  What adventures await now?


No comments:

Post a Comment