Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ultimate Victory

On May 20th we officially found out that I had achieved the Ultimate Challenge of Ultimate Destiny.  I am going to be a father.
Pam had kept insisting that she wasn't pregnant when I told her that she was.  She talked about what was going on with another woman who told her she needed to be tested and she got a pregnancy test that day. (I wanted to know what was up with that.  She told me that when I had brought four children into the world that maybe she would listen to me on the subject, to which I replied that I have spent over half my life with pregnant women.) The test was negative but, after we read the instructions it only works after the woman has missed a period, so we had to wait a while before testing again.
She tested and it said negative.  Which meant she had all the signs of being pregnant without being pregnant, we began to wonder what was wrong.  The test turned out to be positive, sometimes it just takes time to show.  Pam took another test and then went to a doctor for real testing.
She wanted to announce it to me over dinner in the Hopi Cultural Center, but my cellphone was dead.  She came home furious with me for being unreachable on this important day.  It wasn't quite how I had pictured finding out but that's life sometimes.  
It is a joy to be with my Pam and looking forward to our new family together.

No comments:

Post a Comment