Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Thursday, July 7, 2011

19 Years

In 1992 my Grandpa Maynard pasted away.  In 1993 he was sealed for eternity to his wife Betty.  After my Grandma Maynard had her first stroke I could feel her husband's presence as I gave her a priesthood blessing and was able to express to his love for her.  On June 5th my Grandma had another stroke.
Before beginning the blessing I saw a picture of my Grandfather and felt a closeness that I hadn't felt in years.  When I placed my hands on her head it became obvious why I felt the way I did.
It was a difficult blessing.  It was so difficult that Grandma put her arm on mine, to soothe me and help me through it.  She was not going to recover this time.  Grandpa was waiting for her and Heavenly Father was ready for her.  It was up to her whether she would stay or go.  She would not die until she was ready, that was the promise that I made.
I honestly didn't think she would live another day.  I was wrong.  She lived long enough to for her family to say good-bye.  She had morphine dripping, chocolate in her mouth, and was sung to by her Great Grandchildren.  She died with the knowledge that I would have a baby in February.  She died knowing she was loved here on Earth, and with the knowledge that after 19 years she would be with her husband again.
Grandpa had to wait a long time for Grandma.  She was feisty and determined in that she was young and that she was going to be around for a while.  She was worth the wait though.  Through the miracle of the temple my Grandparents have entered Eternal Wedded Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment