Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Israeli Folk Dancing

Pamela took me Israeli Folk Dancing on Tuesday night.  It happens every Tuesday from 8 to 11 at the Hillel on the Ohio State Campus.







Pam had been informed that her adopted Jewish family had not yet met me or approved of me.  I danced the night away with them and participated in almost every dance, not shying away from the difficult ones that I could not even hope to do.  They were impressed with me in that I had no fear and they could tell that I really love Pam.

It is always exciting to experience new things.  Too many people let their own shyness or nervousness get in the way of living.  I also got to learn a few things.  There are many Jewish Folk Dance styles out there.  The Israeli style has over 6000 different dances.  The reason for the vast variation is because there are so many Jews in so many different areas of the world.  The Israeli style itself is a collection of dances that have made their way back to Israel after WWII.  One of the main steps is called the Yemenite because it is from Yemen.  We also did a dance that was called the Turkish something or other.

My kids back in Pinon didn't believe me when I said that Jews are white.  After a while I almost asked them if they had even seen a Jew outside of a television.  There are so many things that I look forward to experiencing, especially with cultures.  I am seriously considering Anthropology as a masters.

My Pam's masters seems to be going well, she has an A in all of her classes and she is continuing to progress toward her goals.  I am very proud of her and all that she has accomplished.  I love you Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment