Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I love to see the Temple in Columbus


It's hard to imagine that it was a year ago that we visited this very temple.  Pam had not yet been baptized.  She had met my father, but no one else in my family.  She had never been to a sacrament meeting outside of Pinon.  We were just newly engaged.  Her grandfather had just passed away.  So many things in just the course of one year.  And in June we are coming back to this temple to go inside of it.

I don't remember these statues of the Nativity from last year, but I was very impressed with their detail.  I look forward to the birth of my own son, grateful that in all probability it will not be in a stable.  I am very happy that Pam and I are creating this family together.  She is going to be a magnificent mother.  It will be a wonderful experience to be sealed together with Xander in the Logan Temple.







The skies over Columbus had been very dark up until our temple trip.  They cleared up as we were shooting pictures.  Going to the temple can make everything better.  The temple is an important part of our lives, I just wish we had one closer to us in Pinon.


I enjoyed the temple grounds from this viewpoint especially.  This is from a near by park area that is also owned by the church.  There is the temple, this recreation spot, and a church building all sharing the same parking lot.  This is one of my favorite pictures of the day, Pam with the temple.  She has been reading in the Book of Mormon as well as reading a book by Boyd K Packer about the temple.  She feels nervous about the whole experience, but then so was I when I was going through it.  She also read the teachers manual for the Temple Preparation Class.  Going through the temple with her will be wonderful.

This temple was the 60th temple in operation of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is wonderful that the church is growing the way that it is and bringing the light of the restored truth to all the world.  I am grateful that we were able to come back to the Columbus Temple again.  I am looking forward to being with Pam and my family in the temple in the coming month and then to going there with our little Xander and become one as a family for time and all eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment