Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, April 2, 2011

March Mathness is Over!

March 14th, 3.14 launched March Mathness with what is known as Pi Day.  Pi day was easily my favorite of the events since I was given two slices of pie.
The final events took place on the 31st of the month.  Those events, known as the Math Bowl competition were annoying, one student described it like this, "I have better things to do than sleep in that assembly."  This is the third year that we've had a Math Bowl at the school and it will most likely be the third year that we make AYP, which would mean an extra 3,000 dollars for me and another 3,000 for Pam, which excites me.  What made the Math Bowl annoying was that it was a math competition in which only a few students were involved in, while the rest of the student body lost interest.
Pam left the assembly to do some actual work.  After she left and I had no one to cuddle with I completely lost interest and left to grade papers.
The assembly ended with the song I Believe I can Fly, it played and the kids sang along.  I went back for the end to help with crowd control and such.  I was glad that Pam wasn't there for the song.  I don't have her musical ear and things being off key don't bother me as much as it does her.  But, wow, it was just sad; it was just that bad.
The students did these events to prepare for the upcoming AIMS testing.  Good luck everybody on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment