Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Moments

I just found something that I've been looking for since I got home from Hawaii in 2009!  It's a poem that I wrote while there.  Every single moment seemed so magical and majestic that it inspired me to jot down these thoughts that were going through my mind.  Though it was inspired by the gorgeous landscape of a tropical island it made me think more of Pam when I read through it again than it did of Hawaii.

Moments must be truly lonely things
How many millions of them come and go
The vast majority of them completely unnoticed
Yet they are what make up our time in this place

It seems like there are only two kinds we bother to remember
When either something wonderful has happened or tradgey comes to call
If we take the time to notice though,
Each one is entirely unique and its own

Though history and life repeat in cycles
Nothing is ever truly the same twice
Each coming moment is something new
It is completely alien to the moments before and after it

It is its own and it stands alone
Moments are strange things
Always coming, always going, but never coming back
They exist for such a short time

And then they are forgotten
Forgotten as if they weren't gifts
Fogotten as if they were a treasure to no one
But somewhere someone is using this moment well

While another wastes it poorly
How will you spend this moment?
Will it be worth remembering?
Moments are short and so are lives


I read over that and immediately went to call Pam, typing it down, finally, after almost two years, and it tels me to call Pam again or go over there (Pam didn't answer the phone) and tell Pam that I love her and kiss her.  Yep, think that's exactly what I'm going to do.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment