Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Monday, April 18, 2011

Not Good, but Looking at the Bright Side

Just a few days from your wedding the last thing you want to hear is that they are going to deduct over 500 dollars out of your fiancee's paycheck and almost 200 from yours, especially after the school promised us that they would wait until after the wedding to deduct such things.
Pam's tonsils have also started acting up again.  Things that used to work for the pain aren't working anymore and she is very frustrated with it.  I told her the other day that it was a good thing that I wasn't the ENT because I would try stabbing the tonsils to death before removing them.  Maybe both before and after.  She smiled and said that there was a knife in the kitchen.
I am very excited for the wedding and I have been counting down the days with Pam for awhile now, it seems though that I am becoming just as excited for June 9th when the evil and accursed tonsils will finally be taken out!
Still there is some good news, that 100 dollars in change has already proven useful and we're getting married, people give things at weddings.  Pam also has a financial aid check coming after the honeymoon since she is in school for her Masters, and doing quite well I might add.  We are excited for what lies ahead in our time here in Pinon, for a family of our own, for continuing our educations, and much more.
I have been looking at several online universities for my Masters.  I have looked at several programs already, Pam has found one that I am excited for.
In my search I was able to learn about the differences between national and regional accreditation.  I thought that national would be better, turns out I couldn't have been more wrong.  Regional accreditation is the highest type of accreditation that a university can have and that national accreditation will get a school federal aid but a degree from such institutions is not seen as an actual degree.  I did a little more research and found out that Utah State, University of Southern California, Otterbein University, and several other notable schools are all Regionally Accredited.
Fun times, hopefully I will be started on my Masters in October, Pam will still be doing most excellent in her school work, the tonsils will be out, we will be married, and looking forward to the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment