Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oops Moments of 2010

Flying Buns
Pam and I had gone to Flagstaff to pick things up for the student council at Sam's Club and do a little shopping of our own.  The suv was full of drinks, meet, and hotdog buns.  Buns that Pam was very worried might get smashed on our way home.  We got past the Hopi Cultural Center and were heading back to Pinon, the street to Pinon is very hard to see, since it is a dirt road, just like all the others and the sign to Pinon is very small and easy to miss.
I was about to speed past our turn when Pam yelled, "Turn!"  Going as fast as I was and needing to slow down for the turn meant a fast radical change in momentum.  Pam screamed, "BUNS!" as hotdog buns flew through the air.

Non-Smoking Blenders Only Please
I was at Pam's house and I was excited for her to try one of my smoothies.  I place the ingredients inside and began to blend them up.  I smelled something.  I started to look around for what was burning.  Then I saw the blender and said, "Honey it's smoking."
"What?"
"It's smoking the blender is smoking!"
Yeah, that blender was actually on fire.  It got unplugged and put outside.

Edward Cullen?
Pam and I had just gotten back from Christmas in Utah.  I'm not sure how this happened but I had glitter on my neck, things like that just happen when you spend time with lots of nieces I guess?  Anyway, Pam saw it and teased me about being a Twlight vampire and started tickling my neck, which of course led to a tickle fight.
Pam stepped away, slipped, spun around, and slammed her head against my knee, thus giving her a concussion.  Strangely enough I think it might of actually helped our relationship since she said, "I've never seen a guy so concerned for me," and kissed me.  It is not however something that I ever want to repeat.

Salsa Explosion
It's always nice when someone wants to cook breakfast for you.  The intoxicating smell of eggs and bacon in the morning!  Pam was making a breakfast sandwich for me, and since I wanted salsa on it she told me to get out the container from the fridge.  It was a gallon size and about half of it was left.  It says shake well on it, and I have tried it before unshaken and its not good at all.  So I vigorously started shaking it.
Apparently the cap wasn't on properly because it popped off and a volcano of spicey goodness came out to put an end to the pleasant and otherwise peaceful morning.  Pam, her celing, her floor, her cabinets, even behind the refridgerator, all had salsa all over them, nothing was spared this event, except for me.
Pam and I were both frozen.  When she recounted the story to my future mother-in-law she was asked, "Is my son-in-law still alive?"  Pam went away to clean up and I quickly ate the breakfast that had been made so I could focus on getting as much salsa cleaned up as possible before Pam came back out.
Funny thing about trying to wash salsa out of clothing in a washing machine, it's a very bad idea.  It breaks up into smaller pieces and inbeds itself into the other clothing, thus ruining anything that's in the washer with it.  Yes, most of Pam's clothing now have tomatoes, peppers, and onions in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment