Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Birthday David

Today is my brother-in-law's birthday.  I don't remember how old he is but as I was thinking about it, I was 11 when I met him and he married my sister, which means that I've known him for almost 15 years, which is well over half my lifetime.
During a time after my mission when he and my sister were living with my parents and I, I began to consider him one of my very best friends in this Earth.  I am very glad that my sister found someone with such integrity, honor and goodness who is also able to connect with me so well.
I had a funny thought today as I was thinking about all this, when he married my sister I told him as a short twig of an 11 year old, "You better take care of my sister or else..." shaking my fist as I said it.  I have no doubt that I did not seem very threatening.  If anything I bet it was comical.  But I am happy to report that I never had to deliver on any threats, since it would have been me getting the beating anyway.
David, you're a good man and father, and I'm happy to call you family.

No comments:

Post a Comment