Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

26 Years Old

Well, that's right, I'm getting up there.  I'm over a quarter century old now.  Pam started calling me her old man around my birthday.  I still feel young though no matter what this sick body feels like right now, yes, I'm currently sick.
My birthday was really nice.  I drove Pam to Chinle after school.  I was able to cash my check there from a week before, which was good since I was completely out of money.  We went out to eat at Garcias which has its branch inside the Holiday Inn.  When we got back to Pinon we met up with the Fowles and played Phase 10.  I spoke with most of my nieces and nephews, Mom and Dad, all but one sibling, and got a call from Grandpa and Grandma Harris a couple nights ago.  All and all a really good birthday.
Do I feel any wiser?  Hard to tell, I've had about four fevers since my birthday, I'm kind of fried.  Any older, well, my bones tremble under my own weight and I have aches everywhere and I'm constantly cold.  Yep, definitely feel older than 76.  This is the third day of work that I've missed this week, the good news is I'm feeling up to going into work tomorrow!
At 25 I accomplished a lot, I graduated, got a job, met the right girl, and set a wedding date.
26 might have had a rough beginning, but so did 25 (is getting sick right after my birthday going to become some sort of sick joke tradition that my body does for now on?) and 25 turned out to be a pretty good year.  So here's to you 26 and 2011, to a great year ahead of us.
Choices will be hard, but I'll figure them out.  Things might not go according to plan, but I'll improvise.  Difficult things are always going to be ahead, but I'll overcome them.
Why or How?  I've got God, family, and my love; some people only get one out three or none at all.  So I'm pretty blessed.
No matter what happens, I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment