Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Friday, March 11, 2011

2011 The Year of the Hotel

I have now stayed at the Ramada in Flagstaff, the Hampton Inn in Flagstaff, the Hopi Cultural Center in Hopiland, Travel Lodge and Knights Inn in Mesa, and Days Inn in Scottsdale; all this year, none of which were in January.  I am officially sick of traveling.
If anyone's interested Hopi Cultural Center, which is the closest one to Pinon has the best internet reception of them all.
Days Inn was the best resort with a pool, volleyball court, exercise room, and a king bed.
Ramada was very nice and in the center of Flag and Hampton was too.
Travel Lodge was decent and in walking distance from the Temple.
Knights Inn sucked.  They don't keep track of Orbitz and they advertise falsely on that website.  They worked hard to make it up to me though but the only thing that made that room worth it was my visits to the Mesa Temple.
Right now I am, of course traveling again and looking forward to returning home.  I'm a chaperone on the ski trip for the school.  The kids have had a great time and I loved being able to take Pam on two real movie dates, even if one of them was more like a babysitting date.  Six hotels within 30 days, what will I do next?  Go to sleep, or something like that.
The trips were worth it though.  I took care of my sick fiancee, I went to a great conference, I got to help the kids go on their ski trip, and I was able to go to the Temple twice in one month and see it every day for four days.  Even so, I'm ready to spend some time not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment