Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Friday, January 20, 2012

Recent Movie Dates

So I've decided to stop talking about every movie Pam and I see together because by now I'm so far behind that it just isn't worth it.  But there are some good movies we've seen recently.

New Year's Eve, our actual New Year's Eve wasn't great between me being sick and on New Year's Day throwing up and flooding our bathroom.  So I decided to take Pam to the movie to sort of redo the moment.  When they had the countdown in the movie I leaned in and kissed her as the ball dropped.  The movie was entertaining with its several story lines.

War Horse, I think I've talked about this movie before.  While it is unrealistic it is still a beautiful film that was extremely well done.  It is based off a book that was written to honor the 9 million horses that died in WWI.  Since it is supposed to represent so many horses the horse does change hands a lot and is used by the British, German, and French forces for different purposes.

We just got back from Red Tails.  This movie not only told the story of the Tuskegee Airmen but also discussed the racial challenges that they faced and overcame.  Red Tails is very well done, it represents the time period well and honors the men that flew the planes and protected the bombers, men who became some of the greatest pilots of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment