Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cute/Fun Stuff


The baby's room is looking really good.  Xander Michael Paul Maynard will move into this fine cradle in just a few months.  We are very excited for this new addition to our home.  Pam really liked the name Paul and I wasn't too convinced.  I liked the meaning of Michael better.  Then, right after we found out that he was a boy the thought occurred to me, Michael Paul, those names sound good together.
His name, when you combine it all together, means Defender of men who is like God humble strong and hardy.
Xander - Defender of Men
Michael - Who is like God
Paul - Humble
Maynard - Strong and Hardy
I love the name, it is a very powerful name.


We tease the kitten that he has a crack problem.  Twin beds pushed together make our king size bed.  There is a crack between the beds where the kitten likes to be.  So here is what a kitten looks like when he's on crack.


Oh look, he's on another crack.  The kitten and Shadow have started to get used to each other and to get along.  Although sometimes the kitten is too hyper for Shadow's liking.  The kitten will even try to box with Shadow and my shoes.  The kitty loves to play, a little too much sometimes.  He will dive onto a random part of my body and bite.  This morning he decided to wake up Mom and Dad who are here visiting.  He flew from Dad's face to Mom, then from Mom to Dad's knees, and then flew off the bed.



Monthly projects dealing with culture are due at the end of every month in my Spanish classes.  I've been fiddling with the idea to do the same thing for History.  Here is one such event where a student made a pinata, filled with candy and everything.  I have a lot of those projects either up on my walls or stored to go up on my walls in the future.  This one won't make it on the walls but was certainly blog worthy.


This kid is brave, I have to admit, this kid is brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment