Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Reaching out to USU

I love it out here in Pinon and I love my old university, USU.  So with the many job openings that are becoming available and with the problems that the school district is having at filling them I reached out to my alma mater.  This is the email that I sent out.  Even if you are not a USU student perhaps you should consider coming to Pinon for the same reasons.

Hello,

Do you know of any graduates who are looking for work, are adventurous, and who are open to an incredible multicultural experience that will open doors for them?  

Some reasons why USU graduates should consider Pinon,

Housing is provided by the school district due to the fact that we are on federal land.  Rent is a paycheck deduction of about 300 a month(I have a three bedroom, two bathroom house).  Due to the low cost of living several of my peers have been able to save large amounts of money and put down payments on houses when they eventually move on. 

Pinon is the number one performing school district in Navajo Nation.

Job Security.  Pinon is the wealthiest school district in the state of Arizona.  If all federal funding were to be cut off, Pinon could still operate for several years without laying off any employees.

Pinon Unified School District is also one of the highest paying school districts in Arizona.

Working at Pinon has been a wonderful experience for me.  Since graduating from USU in 2010, I have worked here in the heart of Navajo Nation.  This year my family and I decided to move to a new area.  During interviews employers were very interested to hear about my cultural experiences and I became a finalist for several positions around the country before finally accepting a job in Memphis, TN.  I truly feel that this experience has started my career off on the right foot.

If you know of anyone who would be interested I would be happy to answer questions about the area, put them in contact with human resources and school administrators, give information about the LDS branch, and help them start a career in teaching.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Brent Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment