Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, February 4, 2012

It's A New Day

I haven't written like I promised I would about the birth of my son.  I also haven't posted pictures on this blog like I said I would.  Sorry!  You can find pictures of him and information on our family blog maynardhalfway.blogspot.com.  Pam and I decided we wanted a blog as a family and she felt this blog was too me.  So we changed her blog into our family blog.  Go and check it out for pictures on Xander.  Also, I will eventually get something up here.  Between work, coaching, and being a Daddy (The most important of the three) I don't have a lot of free time anymore.

I'm in Holbrook right now at the Sectional Competition for 2A North in Arizona.  None of my team has been eliminated as we go into the 2nd day of wrestling.  All four of the boys I brought are wrestling for metals.  We'll have to see what the new day brings.  I only brought four because the other five members of the team were failing classes.  Hopefully they too will have a new day and bring up their grades.

Pam and Jane gave me a wonderful surprise yesterday.  They dropped by with Xander!  My baby has been to a wrestling meet!  He slept almost the whole time but it was still very special.  I got to cuddle with my wife and hold my son at a meet.  Earlier that day all I could think about was how I had never been so far away from Xander.  I'm so glad Pam decided to come and see me and the boys in action.  I also got to explain a lot of things to her about the sport.

I finally called my brother Keith after the 1st day of the match to congratulate him on his newborn son, born just eight days after Xander.  I told him about how Xander had been at the match and he made a comment that we'll have to start teaching him how to wrestle.

No comments:

Post a Comment