Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Information on Xander

Xander likes to squirm and stick out his tongue.  He is also very smart.  When Pam talks about me he will look in my direction.  He sleeps a lot so far, which makes him a very easy baby to handle.  He really likes movement.  He'll sleep through anything as long as you keep him moving.

He has a widow's peak, just like his mother.  His eyes have already started to change color, we think they are going to be green.  He has dark hair, with some blonde in it.  He was born at 19 inches long and 7 pounds 9 ounces.  He has cubby cheeks.  Pam sees mostly my features when she looks at him, my chin, my ears, and so forth.

When he was in the womb everyone was telling us what a big baby he was going to be so we didn't bother with many newborn clothing.  Now that he's here and so tiny we had to buy a lot of newborn things, much of which is too big for him!  If only I had my camera with me I could upload some photos!  Oh well.  I'm looking forward to seeing him tonight after the competition.  I'm so glad Pam brought him yesterday, that really put up my spirits.

The hospital warned us about depression when we left and said to look for it in me.  I mentioned that I thought that only happened to the mother.  "Oh, it happens to the father, when they have to go back to work."  I'm not sure that really qualifies as depression.  I leave home and miss my son, I come home and feel great being with my son.  I've already read at least half a dozen books to him; he likes it when we read.  I want to try to read him something everyday.  When I don't have a book to read sometimes it calms him just to hear my voice, so I tell him Bible and Book of Mormon Stories.

He is so cute when we read to him or tell him stories.  He knows by the sound of our voices when things are suspenseful.  He knows when things are happy.  He knows what emotions the characters are having by how we read the books.  I know everyone says their baby is a genius and what not and it sounds corny.  But when I watch his face as I read, I know that if nothing else, he knows the feeling of the story.  Which is evidence of intelligence to me.

I love my wonderful and perfect baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment