Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Home from Ohio

Coming back to Pinon has been good and hard.  It's been hard because a week off didn't feel like enough, especially since Christmas feels so close.  It's been good because I've been so excited for the wrestling season and for teaching Spanish and History.

History has been nice to teach this year.  I've learned so much from my mistakes last year and from working with other teachers that the overall progress and quality of the class is much better.  I am very happy with how things are going.  I work with Jeff a lot since he is also teaching World History this year.  Last year he was my mentor and this year I am his.  It's funny how things like that work out.  There are a lot of positives and negatives to our working relationship but we make it work.

With Spanish I feel like a first year teacher again.  At the same time though I have a lot of good strategies and games that the kids really like.  I also have them do a research project at the end of every month.  I'm always excited for what they will come up with.  Even though they whine about the project, constantly, and even though most of them don't get it done on time - it is the favorite part of the class for many students.

Here I've taught US/Arizona History, World History, and Spanish I.  I've also taken charge of the Yearbook, the Newspaper, and the Wrestling Team.  I've also given serious consideration to one day coaching Cross Country somewhere.  A lot feels uncertain right now, even so I am optimistic; and I have reason to be.  I have a gorgeous wife and a boy on the way.  I am able to teach History, Spanish, and English as a Second Language.

We have truly started a grand adventure, an adventure that we am determined to live to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment