Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gus Gus

Gus Gus was a good cat and a good friend.  He liked to cuddle with us and to rub up against us.  He was very fat, very fat.  I've always been very fond of Gus and he's been fond of me.  He was given to Pam about six years ago when her childhood cat passed away.  She's had Gus since he was a small kitten and has raised him.  Gus, like most cats could be pretty lazy, but he also liked to play.

He ran away a few days ago.  Usually when he gets out he sticks close by, we think the thunder scared him.  He was found yesterday right before a pack of stray dogs attacked him, blinding him and ripping him open.  Pam was called out of class to see him.  She pet him and called his name.  He meowed when he heard her and died.

I wrapped him in a sweater and carried him home.  Softly I apologized that I not found him, that I hadn't been there, that it had to have been me who let him out; I apologized for a lot of things to that dead cat.  The breeze gently moved the sweater as I walked so that it vibrated slightly as if the cat was purring in my arms telling me that it was okay.

I took him home and I buried him.  I conducted a funeral with Pam.  Yesterday was not a good day.

1 comment:

  1. use the gun to kill that pack of dogs and then protect your house and wife not to mention your soon to be born baby. I love having my shotgun under my bed at night dude.

    ReplyDelete