Xander and Curtis

Xander and Curtis
Our little men

Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Week

One week of school down!
Last year I taught US and World History, this year its World History and Spanish.  It seems like I'm doing something different every hour of the day.
1st hour World History
Advisory(Home Room) I teach Journalism
2nd hour Prep Period, which is really helpful, much more helpful than having it 6th period like last year
3rd hour Spanish
4th hour World History
Lunch
5th hour World History
6th hour Spanish

My Spanish class is one of the most popular classes in the school from what other teachers tell me.  I haven't heard much from the kids but all the teachers tell me that the kids tell them that they love it.  So I guess I'm doing fairly well so far.
World History, yet again a little rough, but this year I've started out strict and laid ground rules in a way I didn't do last year.  There really haven't been any serious issues.
Attendance has been soooo much better than normal!  Kids are actually coming to class!  Students are in school where they belong!  The High School has started something called a Tardy Tank where basically all the late kids go to In School Suspension.  No more kids trying to walk in 20 minutes after class started!

I'm excited for where this new school year is going to take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment